Lot's has happened, and much has stayed the same. Life is tricky like that. (but my love of run-on sentences is still strong. Sorry not sorry.)
Let's bullet for old times sake:
- Lucy turned 4 in April. Noah turned 13 in May. Jake turned 9 last week. Eli is still 11, but now has glasses.
- School is out and we are in full swing of Summer. Which is actually as busy as the school year, but a different kind of busy so we are sucking-out every ounce of fun and warmth that it has to offer. I did stay in bed til 8 this morning...so it's not that busy.
- I am in week 1 of a 12 week training plan for my second half-marathon. Last year I did a 20 week training plan. Pffff. Apparently I think 12 weeks is going to cut it this time. We shall see. I've likely deceived myself.
- I got my hair cut super short. Pixie time. So in the hair department, much has changed since last June. It's super easy and super fun to have something different. And super easy. (Super is such a great word, I love to over-use it.) I am amazed at how many ladies tell me they would "love to do it, but just couldn't." Umm: Yes you can. It's simple really. 1. Scroll through Pinterest for hours 2. Show your stylist the pic 3. Done. Be brave people, you can do it. (But don't tell your husband I said so...)
- I have leaned so much in the past 6 months about ministry and living life as a follower of Jesus. So much. And in the midst of it, it didn't seem appropriate to share...but now, I think it is. It has required some bravery that I wasn't quite sure I was capable of. And I'm not. But Christ in me, is completely capable. Different songs have become anthems for me. Here's a link to one of them.
- Julie graduated college in May. And part of her family came from Norway to visit and stay with us and they were so very lovely. And then she flew back to Norway. *sob* And I miss her. But she will be back. (this is not necessarily confirmed, but nothing is impossible soooo it' s how I cope. It's working.)
Ok, so that's that.
I sat down at the computer yesterday and opened up a Word doc to write down some specific thoughts on something. And the writing...it felt gooood. Writing and running = good cheap therapy.
I haven't met anyone yet who couldn't use some of that. ;)
So, my internet friends, what have you been up to? *tapping the mic* Beuller? Beuller?