- Woke up at 5:45 to run with Billlie. Hadn't run since before Christmas and it was freeeezing out and we sorta slid all over but it's still better than the treadmill! This months marks 6 years we've been running together. That's just craziness. I ordered new running shoes from Eastbay. I've been having hip flexor issues so I stretched today. Yay me.
- In our house, we say "Yay!" and "Woo Hoo!" after stuff. And by we, I mean me. And now Lucy. It cracks me up.
- Boys had their first day back to school after Christmas break. Everyone was rip-roaring ready to go, which surprised me. Apparently we've had enough "together" time.
- Spent time thinking about my friend Steph, and her son Tate. Today marks two years in Heaven for Tate...and he's missed terribly.
- Loaded up Lucy and her buddy Ryder and we headed to the town where our bank resides and then went to Wal-Mart (which I loathe but it was early and it was ok and there is no Target there.) While there I decided we should probably get a new printer/scanner/copier because ours is eight years old now and super moody. Plus it was reasonably priced and the ink was way cheaper than our current old model. I went with an HP again because DUDE, the last one lasted EIGHT YEARS! Plus, it said it was wireless and that just makes me happy.
- Drove through McDonald's and got coffee and cookies. (3 cookies for $1 is amazing if you ask me.) The kids didn't want the cookies. Their loss, my gain. Literally.
- Came home and fixed computer all.by.myself. Our laptop battery had died awhile ago so per my brothers instructions I ordered one from Amazon because they are dirt cheap. Thank you China. Anyways, the battery worked but would not charge. So I Googled, and uploaded new BIOS (no idea what that is) and BAM problem fixed. Yay! Woo HOO!
- Then I set up the new printer. All. by. myself. So what if it took all day... I was also caring for some preschoolers. Multi-tasking at its finest.
- Drank a Pepsi.
- Combed Lucy's hair.
- Meanwhile I kept calling Ben to inform him of my progress because I knew he'd be so super impressed with my skills.
- Took Nelson out in the frigid cold to pee approximately 8 times. He hates the cold.
- Did some laundry...it's still sitting in the baskets, but it's clean.
- Pondered grief for a bit and realized that I have a lot to learn about life from my 11 year old. He celebrates his friends life, and misses him, but he doesn't dwell on what could have been...because he accepts what is. He reminds me where Tate is, and Heaven is perfection. And he smiles when he talks about him, because he's taking Tate with him until they meet again, where they'll play video games for eternity.
- Made supper. Frozen, breaded parmesan chicken breast things that are basically glorified chicken nuggets. But with some cheese and buffalo sauce they are gourmet. Oh, we also had instant mashed potatoes because we are healthy like that.
- Thought about how I need to start potty training Lucy. And then decided to procrastinate.
- Started cleaning off the desk, and then got distracted by blogging.
- New book came in the mail from Amazon. Now I have two I need to start. ASAP.
- Just remembered that Eli has basketball practice in 45 minutes.
- Getting off the computer.
Thursday, January 3, 2013
Because someday I might want to remember what I did today. Or not. Whatever, at least it's a post.