Thursday, March 20, 2008

Starting Something New...

This morning I got to do something that I only get to do once every 5 weeks... it's one of my favorite things...yep, I got my hair cut! It was not a major change...just a trim...but man, do I. Feel. Better! My stylist does an amazing job and I pretty much adore her. I also got to go to the grocery store alone...I know, I know, it's been a big day for me thus far :)
I've decided to try something new...and make Thursdays my "Do you think the other pastor's wives that lived in this parsonage..." game. If you've never heard of this wonderfully amusing game I play click here for more details. Again...I should warn you, that this is generally much more amusing to me than those around me...and if it bores you, please go visit Beth and let her know :) It was her sweet comment that has opened the flood gates. She wondered if I had more...oh Beth....So. Much. More. Here's the list for today.
So, do you think the other pastor's wives that lived here...
  • ever noticed, as they drove into town, that their minivan always smells like stale McDonald's...no matter how many air fresheners they use.
  • Secretly believed that Heaven must smell like the Aveda Salon where she gets her hair cut.
  • drove 45 mph the whole way home...just to extend her alone time.
  • asked her husband, after grilling lunch, to quickly shut the garage door because it was embarrassingly full of junk.
  • let her children eat a whole box of fruit snacks while she unloaded groceries.
  • decided that if she ever came into a large sum of money...she would of course give lots to others...but keep enough to have someone else buy her groceries and cook her food.
  • wore her favorite cardigan sweater (that has yellow in it) for the third day in a row.
  • took pictures *herself* of her new hair cut. HA!
  • was always in the middle of reading 3 different books, all at the same time, and knew God was speaking to her through each of them.
  • thought about other wives that have lived in the parsonage, as much as I do...probably not :)

    View from the back :)


10 comments:

  1. YAY!! Something to look forward to on Thursdays :)

    I love that you're reading 3 different books at the same time... I do that as well... and amazingly enough - God shows up!! :)

    Love the hair too! You're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're to cute!! With stinkin' cute hair as always! So are you up for painting! :) Don't think for second that I'm gonna let you out of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, your hair IS stinkin' cute so I'm pretty sure you should adore your stylist. Mine's not that cute, and I STILL adore my stylist! :-)

    Love the game. You might be surprised at how many of these women thought the same things, at least those are the kinds of things that went in my family's parsonage when I was growing up! :-)

    Keep it coming! I look forward to reading your stuff each day! Now, I'm going to go click on and off your site really quickly a bunch of times to mess with your site meters! LOL! ;-D

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH!!!! more!!! and they are just as funny!!!! love this post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Haircut day should be a holiday.

    I'm glad I'm not the only one whose garage door needs to stay closed....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hair by the way...or did I tell you that already today! You take great pics of yourself too!! HA! a photographer and did not know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Thursdays! Love it! This is a great game and don't stop! Yea for Beth!!! LoVe HeR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgot to say that I am in a hair crisis and yours is fantabulously cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rhonda, love the word "Fantabulously"...I will have to steal it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cute cute!! I love your haircut :) Ugh, we moved here 2 and a half months ago, and I still haven't gotten brave enough to find someone who can handle my way-too-thick and unruly hair.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, you make blogging fun. :) If your comment doesn't appear right away, it's because it's awaiting moderation, but it will show up soon!

Web Hosting Pages